Geographic Information Services
Technological advances have allowed Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Geographic Information Sciences (GIS) to bring added value to the real estate industry.
GIS uses hardware, software and analytical techniques to collect, map, store, retrieve, transform and display data relating to locations on the earth surface.
- Improvements in valuations by incorporating more physical and social data on locations
- Identification of suitable communities to live
- Site selection for housing development
- Understanding the potential performance of locations
- Preliminary assessment of lands requiring change in land use
- The display of information in map format for the pre-selection by customers thus reducing time and cost of driving around to view houses. Trips are then made to site of interest.
- Customers are able to conduct pre-screening on the web to select suitable sites.
- Data analysis, map creating and tabular data output